We are expanding our relationship with the independent production community by developing, pre-licensing and commissioning for our documentary strands...and we have new funding to support these initiatives.
Come hear our exciting plans.
Greater Victoria Film Commission
201-468 Belleville Street, Victoria, BC 1pm
Phone: 604.431.3134 Email: email@example.com
YOU ARE INVITED TO ATTEND A BC FILM WORKSHOP ON FILM TAX INCENTIVES AND PROJECT DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVES
HOSTED BY:VANCOUVER ISLAND NORTH FILM AND GREATER VICTORIA FILM COMMISSIONS
Monday, March 16th – 10:30 am to 2:30 pm
SPEAKER: Lodi Butler, Director of Development Initiatives at British Columbia Film, will review the programs available which support the growth of a sustainable domestic film, television and digital media industry.
- Project Development Fund / Passports to Markets Fund(s)
- Professional Internships Program / Scholarship Program
- Digital Readiness Program
- Option Fund and Multi Platform Explorations Fund
SPEAKER: Robert Wong, Director of Tax Credit Programs, will de-mystify the film and television tax credit program. He will review the requirements of the program, discuss current developments and show you how to avoid common mistakes that may delay or even jeopardize your tax credit claim.
- BC Film and Media – what they do
- FIBC AND PSTC – the two streams of tax incentives
- Definitions – BC based individual, BC Producer, BC controlled
- Regional and Distant Tax Incentives – maps and calculations
- Digital Animation and Visual Effects calculation – what does primarily digital mean
- Application basics – what is considered a complete application?
- Role of CRA and SBR
LOCATION: Courtenay Recreation Native Sons Hall, 360 Cliffe Ave, Courtenay BC
TIME AND DATE: Monday, March 16th – 10:30 am to 2:30 pm (1/2 hour break at noon)
Call INfilm at 250-287-2772 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for this FREE workshop.
COURTENAY SCREENWRITING BLITZ
Evergreen Centre, Soroptimist Lounge
March 20, 21 and 22, 2009
In five high-octane sessions, Vancouver Island screenwritersKeith Digby and Brian Paisley will reveal how the best writers:
- Structure dynamic screenplays
- Develop compelling characters
- Write dialogue that hums
- Create visual action scenes
- Build audience-gripping sequences
COST: $275 (Tax included)
Casting Director Workshop
Saturday March 29th, 2008
10 am to 5pm
- Spotlight Academy
- The Courtyard
- 565 South Terminal
- Nanaimo, BC
- (by the China Steps)
Space is limited, so secure a place as soon as you can. Photos will be needed in order to cast you for scenes.
Get an insiders' look at the casting process, individual coaching, and be seen by two of the finest in the business!
The cost for the workshops is $150.00 plus GST - $157.50
You may respond by email at email@example.com, or by mailing cheque and photo to 1450 Sherwood Drive, Nanaimo BC V9T 1G7. (If you don't have a professional headshot, don't worry, they just want to see what you look like). Emailed photos are also acceptable since they will be sent electronically.