NBRS Audio Editor Position
September 06 2008
The National Broadcast Reading Service Inc. (NBRS), a Federal not-for-profit company and charity, established in 1989 to reduce media barriers faced by 5 million vision- print-restricted Canadians is seeking an Audio Editor.
The NBRS mission is to partner with others to provide services and products that help Canadians living with disabilities and to reduce or overcome barriers to visual, electronic and print media. AudioVision, owned by NBRS, is an audio production service providing described video service (DVS) to soundtracks for film and television programming.
Job Title: Audio Editor
The AVC Audio Editor’s main responsibilities will be in the areas of archiving audio files and audio editing Commercial / Broadcast and LAD (Library of Audio Description) productions.
- Responsibilities include:
- Archiving audio files of broadcast described videos and LAD video and AudioCinema products
- Cleaning sound tracks, placing audio to time code, mixing and mastering (digital cut)
- Acting as engineer/technician for producer on vocal recording sessions
- Familiarity with Pro-Tools, Sound Forge, Avid Media Composer Edit Suite, Microsoft Office, Excel, Sure Thing DVD, Epson Print CD, Roxio Media Creator
- Understanding of CD/DVD/VHS/SVHS/DBETA Cassette players and signal flow
- Attention to accuracy and detail-Efficient organizational, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills-Ability to follow directions and work independently
- Bilingualism (English and French) an asset
- Well developed oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of, and sensitivity to, the accessibility needs of blind and vision-impaired individuals
NBRS is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only applicants we plan to invite for an interview will be contacted. A letter and resumé should be forwarded via email to Rob Trimbee, AudioVision Operations Director – email@example.com no later than Friday September 19th, 2008.