JOB POSTING - Video Technician
July 03 2019
The Comox Valley Art Gallery seeks applications from individuals interested in supporting the Comox Valley Art Gallery’s Youth Media Project – one 15-week program for community action that provides media, art & employability skills to youth between the ages of 16 and 30. If successful, there is a strong opportunity to continue on in successive programs.
Details: Part-time to Full-time, 25-35 hrs/wk, $22/hr for 15-weeks. (Hours vary according to schedule)
Intake dates: August 19 – November 29, 2019
Reporting to the Team Leader, the Technician/Assistant oversees all technical components of the project, accomplishes administrative tasks as required, and supports the project participants in their development of short videos.
- Provides individual tutorials to participants as related to media technologies.
- Assists participants in planning and organizing post-production processes using Adobe Premiere and Adobe Audition. Adobe After Effects knowledge is an asset.
- Helps set up the space in the first two weeks, so that all equipment is ready to go. This includes labelling and purchasing data keys and SD cards for participants and ensuring cameras are ready and set up equipment for workshops in the first week.
- Assists participants in the delivery of the Post-Production Workshop.
- Troubleshoots technical problems that arise.
- Compiles final video footage and posts final videos on youtube and manages the reproduction process. Ensures that Shaw Cable, and all work placements receive a copy of final video (in requested format) as well as ensuring work is completed and ready for the final screening. This final copy should also be labelled and stored on our YMP External Hard Drive.
- Works with the Team Leader and participants to ensure appropriate credits are completed.
- Ensures that all equipment purchases are tracked and receipts are given directly to the Director and are labelled. All purchases must be approved by the Team Leader.
- Ensures that all equipment is signed out and cared for properly and that youth are consistently reminded of their personal responsibility in this regard.
- Works with Team Leader to maintain the YMP Facebook Page.
Supports the administrative needs allocated to this position by the Team Leader, which may include:
- Assisting in tracking hours of participants;
- Creating with the Team Leader a series of ‘cheat sheets’ for participants to encourage self- sufficiency in pre and post production;
- Tracking personal hours and meeting weekly with the Team Leader to report hours worked and give/receive feedback to better support participants;
- Organizing technical needs related to key project events – notably, the final screening, but also field trips, guest speaker engagements, etc;
- Maintaining an atmosphere of support and encouragement, ensuring that time and expertise is shared amongst all participants;
- Working to encourage collaboration and self-sufficiency of participants whenever possible so there is a passing on of knowledge whenever possible.
- College diploma or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with youth in a leadership role.
- Experience in video production processes – producing, storyboarding, editing (in particular), etc.
- Experience working with video post-production, ie: the technologies in Adobe Creative Suite, video cameras, or equivalent.
- Experience organizing and administrating in an office context.
COMOX VALLEY ART GALLERY
580 Duncan Ave.
Courtenay, BC. V9N 2M7
Questions? Call 250-338-6211. Please email resumes directly to Krista.email@example.com.
This project is funded in-part by the Service Canada Skills Link Program
Partners: Wachiay Friendship Centre, Creative Employment Access Society, Imagine Comox Valley
Application DEADLINE: August 1st, 2019